This course discusses surgical site infections including risk factors for their development that are related to the patient, the surgery and the hospital environment. Best practices in pre, intra and post-operative prevention are reviewed with a focus on post-operative interventions.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to perform the following objectives for surgical site infections:
1. Summarize infection pathogenesis, classification, and management
2. Explain the impact on patients and hospitals
3. Identify the risk factors related to the patient and the facility
4. List key strategies for the prevention
5. List postop dressing-related complications that can increase risk of SSI and discuss how advanced dressing technologies can help reduce SSI.
#Courses #CE #Nursing #Infection-Prevention #Quality-Improvement-Leadership